Joke van Leeuwen erhält dotierten Preis » mehrASSITEJ-Preis 2013 für Roberto Frabetti
Am 25. April 2013 wurde in Berlin der diesjährige ASSITEJ-Preis verliehen. » mehrLukas Holliger gewinnt Publikumspreis und Preis der Jugendjury
Stück auf! und Hörspiel im SRF2 » mehrFest für Gerd
Zum Tod von Gerd Imbsweiler » mehrKaas & Kappes Preis 2013 für "4YourEyesOnly" von Esther Rölz
15. Niederländisch-deutscher Kinder- und Jugenddramatikerpreis in Duisburg 2013 » mehr1913 - 2013
ein Jahrhundert im Rückblick » mehrGrimm-Jahr 2013
'Lasst die Kinder friedlich schlafen, lasst süß sie träumen ein besseres Morgen, Papa und Mama werden dafür sorgen', beginnt ein sanfter Chor die wohlbekannte Geschichte von Hänsel und Gretel.
Am 24. November 2012 feierte "Hans & Gretchen" von » mehr
200. Geburtstag » mehr
PLATFORM 11+ was a collaboration of European theatre companies and associated partners – THEATERSTÜCKVERLAG was one amongst others – funded by the European Union under ‘CULTURE 2007-2013.It was an artistic network in which 13 theatres from 12 European countries had joined together to collectively create new work for young people aged between 11 and 15 in both the Performing and Visual Arts. As the professional artists go about their work, the young people will be encouraged to express themselves artistically too. At the end of the four year project, PLATFORM 11+ wanted to present a multi-layered portrait of a young European generation, whose presence at the beginning of the 21st century will be reflected in numerous works of art.
The privilege of being an associated partner
There are approximately 85 agencies for playwrights in German speaking countries and of those, around for around a dozen of them theatre for young people is high on their priority list. Why would I, of all these agents, be given the privilege of being requested to be an associated partner? That was one of my first questions to Odette and Dirk. - The answer was simple. I speak - more or less - three languages and our agency program is internationally orientated, the rest: personal empathy from both sides. It was therefore easy for me to say yes. Where else, figuratively speaking, is one allowed to sit in the first row and marvel at new projects under the wings of renowned international playwrights? Where else do playwrights have such a significant role as in this project? Self-devised plays - of which there were many - always included at least one playwright, and that is remarkable in these times in which everyone believes that they can write a play, a novel or a film.
Along with several theatre directors whom I already knew, two of the Platform 11+playwrights have been in our catalogue for a long time: Marcus Romer from England has been with us since 1998 and Bouke Oldenhof, from Holland, has been with us since 2001.
Playwrights new to our program, thanks to the Platform11+, are currently Liv Heløe from Norway, Richard Hurford from England, Giuditta Mingucci from Italy and István Tasnádi from Hungary.
In addition to being a dramatic agent, what more can we do for those involved in Platform11+
1. One can use one’s contacts and recommend one or the other suitable production to international festival organizers. An example of how I succeeded in doing this, was with the Hungarian UA-Production of “Cyber Cyrano” which was invited to a festival,(Schöne Aussicht), in Stuttgart from 21st - 23rd June 2012. I also tried to recommend other co-productions, but unfortunately my attempts were futile.
2. Now and then, I write for journals, and have written two articles for XYZ: 03/2010: In front of the School Gate. - “Platform11+”, Artistic Discoveries in European Schoolyards and 02/2012: Wild-east democracy and Wild-west methods in Hungary. - The Hungarian theatricals János Novák and György Vidovszky, in discussion with Brigitte Korn-Wimmer.
3. Due to our submission, the play “Cyber Cyrano” succeeded in being on the short list for the German Youth Theater Prize 2012.
Summing up, it is all just a question of having more or less productive interactions! I am truly grateful that I am allowed to sit in the first row and that I can thus discover new playwrights and meet wonderful people. (Brigitte Korn-Wimmer)
Plays by authors who have been involved in this european project in our programm:
- Simon van der Geest: Spinnerling
- Liv Heløe: Ferne Fremde Liebe
- Liv Heløe: Man ist auch der, der man werden kann
- Richard Hurford: Das Geheimnis um Jack & die Chaos-Klone
- Richard Hurford: Manche mögen's heißer
- Michael Müller: Junge, Junge!
- Bouke Oldenhof: Medusa
- Bouke Oldenhof: Du tickst nicht richtig
- Marcus Romer: Crash-Kids
- István Tasnádi: Staatsfeind Kohlhaas
- István Tasnádi: Cyber Cyrano
- Giuditta Mingucci: Der Mann auf dem Pferd
With the fifth Annual Encounter that took place in March 2013 in Drammen (Norway) PLATFORM 11+ has finished.